Do you want to use your training time effectively, be more comfortable on the bike, be safer by improving your braking and cornering techniques, or learn how to ride in groups or multi-day events? Reasons for investing to coaching vary, and racing strategy and techniques are only two of many.
Here are just 10 reasons people benefit from coaching. How many of these would help you be a happier cyclist?
- Achieving a defined goal
- Efficient and effective training sessions
- A structured and customised training plan (based on your current fitness, goals, time available, etc.)
- Basic techniques, such as using clipless pedals, climbing seated versus standing, optimal gear selection
- Advanced techniques, such as descending and cornering quick and safe, group riding, pacing
- Nutrition on and off the bike
- Bike set-up and comfort versus speed
- Planning multi-day rides (recovery, bike set-up, training modifications, nutrition, clothing, etc.)
- Using and analysing data, such as training zones, power and heart rate monitors, Strava/Garmin
In subsequent blog posts, we will look at each of these 10 reasons in more detail. After all, might improving YOU be a better way to invest in your cycling than spending more money on your bike?
At Velocity, we take a integrated approach by combing Fitness Testing and Bike Fit with Coaching. This gives you complete package to improve YOU and help you go further, faster and achieve your cycling goals. There no point following a training program unsuited to your current level of fitness, and it’s vital your position on the bike helps you ride powerfully and comfortably while avoiding repetitive strain injury.